Students will be studying the following units according to their grades.
(Jan. 29th – March 9th)
Grade 2: (U2) WHERE WE ARE IN PLACE AND TIME (“Super Simple Machines”)
Central Idea: “Simple machines have helped shape the world”
- How do I name the most popular simple machines in French?
- How do those machines work?
- Why are those machines important nowdays?
- What is my favourite simple machine?
VOCABULAIRE: Les Machines et leurs fonctions.
Grade 3: (U5) HOW WE ORGANIZE OURSELVES (“Country Mouse and City Mouse”)
Central Idea: “Geographic and environmental factors influence the development of communities”
- How do I name different establishments?
- What objects we found in the city vs. the country?
- What type of activities can I do in the city?
- What lifestyle do I prefer to live in?
VOCABULAIRE: Urban vs. rural objects.
VERBE: ALLER à (to go) … / Venir de (To come) …
Grade 5: (U1) WHO WE ARE (“The Human Body”)
Central Idea: "The human body is a highly organized structure made up of different systems that work together to accomplish functions necessary to sustain life.”
-How to name the body parts in French?
-What activities are related to each one of my body parts?
-How do I describe physical and emotional characteristics?
VOCABULAIRE: Les parties du corps, Les Systemes
EXPRESSION: J’ai … (Expressions du verbe “AVOIR”)